Author Topic: How to become a Full Member of the Club and the Benefits  (Read 1931 times)

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • My Links:
    • View Profile
How to become a Full Member of the Club and the Benefits
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:41:26 PM »
Club membership fees are currently (Feb 2017):

Full Member - £15

Family Member - £20

As a quick reminder, the benefits of Full Membership include:

•         Agreed insurance valuations offered by the club to assure your vehicle retains its correct value in the event of a total loss.
•         Specially negotiated rates with participating suppliers
•         Discount when taking out new AA breakdown cover
•         Subsidised prices to events (for both Member and Partners/Chidren with Family Membership)
•         Subsidised prices to MRC Christmas Party (for both Member and Partners/Chidren with Family Membership)
•         Access to the "Members Only" section on the Forum
•         Use of the Private Mail (PM) to other members on the forum (so avoiding having to display email and phone numbers in public)
•         Fully being part of one of the Largest Rotary Communities in Europe

Full Membership of the forum will help guarantee the ongoing existence of the Club, so enabling the forum to develop and for us to provide stands at various events.

However, we view the Club as more than the forum, so hope you can make it to at an event in 2017 and look forward to seeing you in person.

We can confirm we will have a club presence at JDM Day (Castle Combe) in 2017. If you haven’t already put your name down to come along and meet up with like-minded rotary enthusiasts, then you will find further details on the forum. We are also organising a trip to "RotaryStock" in Holland in July 2017 - again, further details can be found on the forum.

HOW TO JOIN UP OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP

Click on "Profile" on the grey bar at the top of the forum page, then click on "Actions" and "Paid subscriptions".

Select the type of Membership you require:
MRC Club Membership (for an individual) or
MRC Family Membership (to include a partner and any children under 18)

Click on the "Order" button and follow the instructions.

If you are already a Full Club Member, you can check your Membership expiry date at any time as follows:

Click on "Profile" on the grey bar at the top of the page, then click on "Actions" and "Paid subscriptions".
Scroll to the foot of the page and check the "End Date" of your subscription.

If you have any questions concerning membership, please post up in this forum and we'll do the best we can to answer.

Thank you
The MRC Team

RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active

Offline jdesousa

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Just joined!
    • View Profile
Re: How to become a Full Member of the Club and the Benefits
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:53:10 PM »
Hi,
I'm looking at becoming a paid member on this club/forum. I can't see the profile option. I'm using Tapatalk. Can this be done via Tapatalk or do I need to use a normal web browser?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Jan

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:36:50 PM by Casey »

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • My Links:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »
Hi Jan - you are correct. Tapatalk only gives a very "stripped down" version of the forum (basically just the topic streams). To see the full version of the forum, and to access your profile, you will need to use a full browser.

Any further issues, just post up here and we'll try to help.
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.

Offline Alex

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:04:44 PM »
Hi,

Is there any way to get proof of membership to MRC?

I'm getting some insurance and they are requesting something to prove my membership.

Thanks

Alex

Offline Lisa

• MRC Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 08:23:07 PM »
Hi Alex if you let me know your surname and address details I can let you know this or can email the insurance company some information if you wish.
REgards

Offline Alex

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 01:56:23 PM »
Hi Lisa,

It's Reis insurance. I think you mailed them for me a few years ago. They're back doing non-motorsport insurance and have a good quote for multi vehicle policy.

I'll pm my details to you

Offline Alex

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 01:59:04 PM »
Can't send pm's apparently?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • My Links:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »
Hi Alex, I see you paid your subscription on Thursday and I've been away a few days. The process to update your profile to Full Club Member is still manual. However, I've done the change now so you have access to PM's.
 :welcome: (back?) to the MRC, I see you first registered your account on here back in 2004  :)

Offline Alex

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 05:51:09 PM »
Yup, had my fd since 2004. Can't seem to get it out of my system, regardless of the cost and pain in the ar$e ☺

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Alex

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 05:53:17 PM »
Hi Alex, I see you paid your subscription on Thursday and I've been away a few days. The process to update your profile to Full Club Member is still manual. However, I've done the change now so you have access to PM's.
 :welcome: (back?) to the MRC, I see you first registered your account on here back in 2004  :)
Thanks for sorting out my account. Pm now sent

Offline MightyCondor

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Just joined!
    • Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 09:38:49 AM »

I'm in the same boat as Alex was previously.  I have just renewed the insurance for my FD with REIS and they are requesting proof of club membership.  As I only paid up during the week, I am still awaiting activation.  Can I request the help of one of the mods to get the required info over to REIS?

Thanks.

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • My Links:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
Hi MightyCondor - great to see and chat to you on Friday at North Weald about your rotary "fleet"  :13:

For some reason, notification of your payment didn't come through to the Team here. Not a problem, as I can see the forum system has registered your subscription, even if it didn't tell us  ;)

I've now manually upgraded you account to Full Membership status and sent an email to Lisa to ask if she would be kind enough to send an email to REIS to confirm your membership  :)

:welcome: to the MRC and I hope you get your FD back soon  :great: In the meantime, enjoy your RX-8!

Offline MightyCondor

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Just joined!
    • Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 11:46:04 PM »
Hi MightyCondor - great to see and chat to you on Friday at North Weald about your rotary "fleet"  :13:

For some reason, notification of your payment didn't come through to the Team here. Not a problem, as I can see the forum system has registered your subscription, even if it didn't tell us  ;)

I've now manually upgraded you account to Full Membership status and sent an email to Lisa to ask if she would be kind enough to send an email to REIS to confirm your membership  :)

:welcome: to the MRC and I hope you get your FD back soon  :great: In the meantime, enjoy your RX-8!

Thanks Casey, was a pleasure to meet you too on Friday.  Hope you had as much fun on the day as I did.  It was a good way to rekindle the rotary love after a challenging year of not driving the FD.  :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for taking care of the membership issues.  I'll have to have a more in-depth browse of the site when I get some time.

Offline RiceRacerUK

• MRC Full Club Member
    • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 05:55:38 PM »
Are any sort of membership packs available as a paid member key rings, stickers that sort of thing? If so how are they requested please?

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • My Links:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 06:13:32 PM »
Are any sort of membership packs available as a paid member key rings, stickers that sort of thing? If so how are they requested please?

Hi RicerRacerUK - welcome and thankyou for becoming a Full Member on here :13:. I've upgraded your account as the system on here doesn't do it automatically.

I've also alerted Lisa to your query re packs as I'm not certain. We did used to send out packs a while back, but then we significantly reduced the membership fee and I'm not sure how that affected the packs. Hopefully Lisa can advise on the current situation  :)